JKI is excited to announce the JKI Flat UI Controls 2.0.1 release is now available. We've gotten a lot of great feedback from users, as well as some bug reports, and we've been working hard to incorporate that into this new maintenance release.
So, what's new in this release? Well, we've added a few new controls as well as making various improvements to control functionality, visual cosmetics, and search-ability of controls using the JKI Design Palette.
Here's a complete list of what's new, below.
|Note: If you want to jump right into installing this new release you can either download and install it with VIPM or Run the JKI Design Palette (Tools >> JKI Design Palette) and click the updates button on the navbar.|
- Text Only Button (“Blank” Button with no Icon -- just text)
- File Open Button (120x40 button with File Icon and "Open" text)
- File Path Control with folder icon for browse button (in addition to one with a plus “+” icon)
- Borderless Cluster (with very small border/edge, which is nice for making arrays of items where extra visual space between elements is not desired)
- System Cluster (uses a system recessed frame as cluster border)
- System Array (uses a system recessed frame as the array border and a system numeric as the index display)
- VISA Resource (looks similar to the existing Flat UI Controls 2.0 Combo Box)
- Mechanical actions of all buttons set to “Latch When Released” (since it tends to be the most commonly used)
- String control is now resizable (Removed extra string controls)
- Numeric control is now resizable (removed extra string controls) and there's one with and without the increment/decrement buttons.
- Fixed text size and font of combo box control’s display and drop-down list
- Improved drop shadows of buttons (it’s a little sharper looking now in 2.0.1, on the right)
- Set all label colors to be consistent across the theme (122,122,127) -- note that the label color was black on some buttons in 2.0 (on the left) and is now gray in 2.0.1 (on the right).
- Fixed inconsistencies in font size in various controls
Take our word for it :-)
- Added some some search tags to controls for improved search-ability
too many to list. you can hover over controls to see their search tags.
- Added “Flat” tag to all Flat UI Controls
Now you can more easily find things in the Flat UI Controls by typing a search like "flat string" or "system string"
- Added “button” tag to all buttons
For example, maybe you're looking for a button with a graph icon on it and want to search for "graph button" (and not have any actual graphs or charts appear)
- Fixed typo on “Transparent Boolean” control
Join the Discussion and Post your Feedback
Want to discuss this new release or send us your feedback? Post to the JKI Flat UI Controls discussion forum. We can't wait to hear from you.